Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where can you locate items that fall under the subject area of "Government" e.g. political science?
- All hardcopy REFERENCE books such as an encyclopedias and dictionaries are located on the groundfloor of the Main Library inside the MERIC room. They are not to be removed from the room.
- All RBC books or photocopies are in our reserve book collection behind the front desk i.e. the circulation desk. You will need to complete a RBC form.
- All OPEN SHELF books in the "J" and "H" collection are on the top floor in Reading Room Two.
Read the signs on the columns.
- All hardcopy PERIODICALS are upstairs in the section devoted to PERIODICALS e.g. newspapers, journals.
- To gain access to our online journals, e-books, journal artticles, databases,Chicago Manual of Style etc, please use UWIlinC. Log in at the upper right corner. Remember to log out.
- You can also go to "Resources" located on the left sidebar of the Library's homepage:
FIND: "OPEN SHELF" BOOKS
Learn how to use UWILinC, specifically learn how to find hardcopy books on our shelves; learn how to find e-books and journal articles online 24/7.
The Library's hardcopy collection is organised and shelved according to the Library of Congress Classification system. This helps our clients to find one book among thousands. Each book has a "call number" which is on a label on the book. e.g. the label may begin with the letter "J" which represents "Political Science."
Here is an example of a call number --- JF1351 .O94 the number for The Oxford Handbook of Public Management.
CLASS J - POLITICAL SCIENCE (selection)
JA Political science (General)
JC Political theory
Read all signs carefully, read the Library's web pages thoroughly.
THE MONA CAMPUS
View from the Bookshop:
Ruins of the acqueduct, the Chapel with Long Mountain in the background
Credit: Jacqueline Howell Nash
FIND: PAST EXAM PAPERS
If you are off-campus remember to "log in" and later to "log out."
The Library uploads exam papers. n.b.. Please note that multiple choice papers and those from the Medical Sciences Faculty are not available. e.g.
Type GT21B examination paper in the UWILinc search box under "Search All" OR under "UWI Collections"
Type Theories of the State examination paper
When your result appears: If you click on the title of the exam paper (which will be in Blue), only one past paper appears.
If you click on "View Online" all available past papers will appear.
WALKWAY FROM THE MAIN LIBRARY
Credit: Jacqueline Howell Nash
FIND: Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Handbooks
HARDCOPY: These are in the MERIC room, on the groundfloor. Don't overlook them!
Some are on the "open shelves" upstairs in Reading Room 2.
A UWIlinC search will indicate the "Location."
The University community can access the Mona library's E-Books here Remember to log in.
FIND: INFORMATION FOR VISITORS