There are two computing laboratories in the library-
- STARRS on the ground floor which houses 38 computers and which provides 30-minute access sessions.
- UEC on the third floor which has 34 computers with hour-long access sessions.
Some of the available services include:
• Internet resources;
• Specialized databases and resources (Scifinder Scholar); electronic journals;
• UWIlinC and exam papers;
• Productivity applications (WebCt; Microsoft Office; SPSS; Endnote; Ref. Manager; Minitab);
• Printing (black & white; colour); see here for more information http://www.mainlib.uwi.tt/aboutus/faq/printing.pdf
• Basic instruction on navigating specialised online resources;
Users at STARRS can:
• Conduct research, download and print research material using online databases in various disciplines
Only STARRS can be accessed at night and on Sundays along with the Reading Room when the Alma Jordan Library offers its 24/7 service.